We are still on the rebound of one of the most turbulent real estate markets in modern history. These last few years have seen prices of homes drop quickly and many homeowners were forced to try to short sale their homes in order to avoid bankruptcy. While parts of the market are recovering, we still have a ways to go. Since shelter is one of our basic and most important needs, the purchase of a home is no small matter. Along with that, property is typically the largest investment an individual makes. So when it comes to these paramount decisions, you shouldn’t trust your fate to just any average realtor or broker. There are many different ways in which people utilize the services of real estate attorneys. Let’s have a look at the different ways:
1. Property Dispute: This is one of the most common scenarios where real estate attorneys get involved. The main goal is to try to get the property disputes resolved. This can be done by litigation or other means. In some cases they a help to get rid of the property by selling it off and using the amount received for settlement.
2. Tenancy Disputes: Do you own a commercial or rental property? A real estate attorney can help in resolving the disputes between tenants and landlords.
3. Settlement of Property on Account of Death: Real estate attorneys are often involved in handling the property of the deceased. Here they sell off the property for settling it among the heirs. To learn more about how estate planning also impacts this, check out this website.
4. Divorce settlements: When a piece of property is jointly owned, a real estate attorney can help in selling the property or help to make sure each party is appropriately compensated during the divorce.
5. Those Who Don’t Want a Broker: Some people are just not comfortable with hiring a broker to sell their property, and hence they entrust this with real estate attorneys. To learn more about an attorney lead real estate brokerage click here.
6. As Advisors or Consultants: Many attorneys also work with real estate investors. If you are considering investing in real estate, we definitely recommend hiring a real estate attorney. Having a real estate attorney can really make the transactions go much smoother for the investor. They will not only get it done correctly, but also can usually speed up the process.
7. Information Provider: Some real estate investors use real estate attorneys as a rich source of information, especially for getting the information about the properties that are for sale due to disputes or settlement procedures. This is where real estate investors can really gain an advantage by getting the information earlier than others.
Have questions? Feel free to contact us to learn more about our services and how we may be able to assist you in the purchase or sale of real estate here in Florida.